Baby gender reveal parties are becoming ever so popular. What is a gender reveal party, you ask? It is a party for close friends and family to witness the parents to be “reveal” the sex of their unborn bundle of love.
- Invitations-send invites announcing the date, time and location of your gathering
- Guest List-most reveals are intimate in size and include only close family and friends
- Food- keep it fun and casual. Consider having a backyard BBQ or create a fun food bar such as a taco bar, baked potato station, or some of your favorite hangout treats.
- Games-definitely include a few fun games for your guests to enjoy. There are tons of ideas that can be found on Pinterest that you can have at your gender reveal party.
- Decor-you can splurge on elaborate decor or keep it simple and focus on adding a few chic decorative touches to your buffet area and the area where the reveal will happen. Again, a simple search on Pinterest will definitely get your creative juices flowing.
Should you expect gifts at your reveal?
If you are combining your baby reveal with a baby shower, then yes, you should send out gift registry information in your invitations. However, if you are planning a baby shower that will be gender specific later, gifts should not be requested or expected.
Should you bring a gift if you are invited to a gender reveal?
In most cases, this party is casual and not a baby shower. Bringing a baby gift is solely up to you. But here are a few other options for you to bring as a hostess gift instead:
- Congratulatory card
- Sparkling juice or Gingerale with goblets for mom and dad to be
- Gift certificate for a mani pedi
- Gift certificate for a prenatal massage
- Monogrammed robe and/or comfy slippers
Planning a gender reveal party is completely optional and can be a fun excuse to gather family and friends together to enjoy food, fun, and each other. Be sure to keep the names and contact info of your guests because you will soon need to invite them again to your beautiful baby shower.