Times are most definitely very different with everything almost being closed or cancelled. Usually, I would have a fully planned week filled with commitments and work related events but with a blink of an eye, that has all changed. I would find myself extremely exhausted from all that I had going on and would pray for a break. And, then the world stopped.
Although, we are facing a tough time and don’t really know what will come of all of the chaos, I have come to embrace the good in the situation. And, there are some things that I am grateful for and I want to share a few of them with you.
- I don’t have to rush to the office. The office is home with my kids safe and sound.
- I get to spend time with my girls. Just seeing them walk by my home office, rambling through the pantry, or having an occasional sibling argument, warms my heart.
- There are very few distractions keeping me from getting my tasks needed.
- I have access to an in-home restaurant and don’t have to wait in lines and rush back to the office.
- My evenings are now dedicated solely on my husband and children with no after work commitments.
- I have more time to get things that are long past due done at home.
- There is more time to spend journaling, praying, going for a walk, and even taking time to blog more.
- I can focus even more time talking to loved ones and checking on the often.
- I can do a face mask mid day and blast my favorite tunes without disturbing co-workers or scaring off clients:)
- Everyday is casual dress day and lashes and lipstick is optional.
Friend, it is important that we take one day at a time. And, there is something good that we can take away from the free time that we have been granted, no matter the circumstances. I hope that you find a reason to smile and spread love.