I am in love with fried rice. But, due to quarantine problems, I am having to get a little creative in the kitchen. This is my second time attempting this recipe and it turned out delish. With just a few simple ingredients, you can make this at home, too!
The ingredients are:
- White rice- Preferably, day old and cold rice
- Small white onion (I do not like onion so I skipped this one)
- Vegetables- Peas and Carrots. (I used frozen peas, carrots, corn and green beans)
- Eggs (I scrambled 2)
- Sesame Oil ( not too much, it adds a nutty & smoky flavor)
- Seasonings of your Choice (I added turmeric, white pepper and salt to taste)
- Soy Sauce
- Green Onions- sliced green onions add a nice flavor. Sprinkle some on top once the dish is finished.
- Preheat your skillet on medium heat. Add sesame oil (not a lot) and add your veggies to get tender.
- Once your veggies are tender, scoot them to the side of your pan and add your egg so that it can fry. Once eggs are scrambled, mix in the veggies.
- Add your rice in with the eggs and veggies and stir. Pour the soy sauce of the yummy-ness and mix in. Sprinkle the seasonings of your choice on top of the mixture and blend together.
- Top the rice with your chopped green onions and prepare to be amazed.